You Are Not Alone
We see the inequities. We see the biases. We see the imbalance of power. We see the injustice. We see the pain, the suffering, the horror, the unfathomable losses. We see the racism.
MIND Research Institute stands in solidarity with Black Americans as an ally in eradicating not just what we can see, but also the invisible webs of racism that permeate society. We are ready to apply our talents and resources and perseverance. We recognize that the road ahead is difficult and the answers are not clear.
We have been focusing on inequities in math education, and we recognize that there is more that we can and must do:
- Develop a strategic plan for MIND that encompasses all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion - as an organization, as an employer, as a grant recipient, and as an education program provider.
- Co-design with Black and Latinx students and educators - working in partnership on product design and testing efforts for our educational programs.
- Use our organization's platform with partners and donors to recognize the value of traditionally marginalized voices of people of color.
- Develop math resources that are culturally relevant, uplifting, and will better address the social-emotional needs of marginalized students, teachers, and families.
- Listen profoundly to one another, learn from each other, and have the humility and responsibility to understand where we have more work to do.
We are committed to taking action.