New educational standards have made the call for a different kind of rigor in math. With this shift, schools are experiencing a disconnect between classroom learning and assessments.
We provide this analysis of rigor as redefined across the country and offer strategies for educators to implement in their classrooms.
- Challenges educators face in implementing rigorous math instruction
- Concrete comparisons between assessments past and present
- Detailed analysis of the new understanding of rigor
- Guiding principles for educators to take into classrooms
- Example of ST Math animated puzzle challenges facilitating rigorous problem solving.