A Partnership to Elevate Student Achievement
and Develop the Next Generation of
Innovators and Problem Solvers
“Hyundai, and indeed our nation, needs problem-solvers who can develop innovative solutions to difficult challenges. That’s exactly what we’re training students to do with MIND Research Institute’s ST Math program.”
- Zafar Brooks, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility and Diversity Inclusion,
Hyundai Motor America
For more information on Hyundai Motor America’s Corporate Social Responsibility,
The Hyundai ST Math Initiative is a partnership between Hyundai Motor America and the social benefit organization MIND Research Institute to improve early math education in high-needs schools across the country.
Early math skills are proven to be the number one predictor of later academic success and high school graduation*. So to improve the pipeline of college-ready graduates, Hyundai Motor America is sponsoring MIND Research Institute’s revolutionary ST Math® program.
* Duncan, Greg, et.al., School readiness and later achievement, Developmental Psychology, Vol 43(6), Nov 2007, 1428-1446.
Since 2011, Hyundai Motor America has committed $2 million towards MIND Research Institute's ST Math programs impacting 58 schools, 17,150 students and 825 teachers throughout the nation.
For the 2016-2017 school year, Hyundai Motor America is expanding their impact and investments to Oakland Unified School District in California through MIND’s ST Math program.
The Hyundai ST Math Initiative provides schools:
- Access to research-based ST Math instructional software, a visual learning program that’s proven to double or triple students’ growth in math proficiency on state math tests
- Professional development for teachers to help them support their students’ own problem solving and connect the computer games to classroom math lessons
- Informative institutes for principals and administrators to enhance their role as leaders in supporting math education
- Teacher access to informative, individualized feedback on student progress to enable more personalized teaching
- Year-round educational support from MIND Research Institute for schools and teachers
- Annual analysis of state math test scores to assess the program’s impact on student performance